Friday, May 13, 2011

Big Changes in Store. (Well, in house anyway.)

Well Chickadees, I'm preparing to make some more big changes as I found out more about my health issues.  I mentioned before that at my yearly last month, my gyno found my uterus to be enlarged and suspected fibroids.  After a transvaginal (on come on, EVERY women must experience this nifty wand at least once in their lifetime!) no fibroids were noted, but my lining was severely thickened.  So, based on that along with my severe cramping and occasional heavy periods, she's diagnosing adenomyosis...recommended a D&C with Novasure ablasion until I would evenutally need a hysterectomy....or deal with the uncomfies until I go into menopause in another decade.

WEEEELLLLL.  Let's say I wasn't too pleased with this.  After some informal reading online, I decided to try some alternative things.  As it's not a life-threatening illness, just a quality-of-life type thing, I figure it can't hurt.  I'm bummed my uterus is so big (which would explain again why I'm not going down sizes....it's very much like those first 3-4 months of pregnancy when your pants are snug...and there's a lot of pelvic 'congestion') but hopefully the other stuff I'm gonna try will eventually shrink this down.  Wanna know what I'm gonna do???  Ok, I'll...
Besides continuing to do my T-Tapp, daily brushing and intuitive healthful eating, I'm ruthlessly getting rid of all xenoestrogens and phytoestrogens in my environment.  Women's Theraputic Institute is where I got the info, and I've had a couple email convos with the doctor who runs that site and produces an progesterone cream. He suggests my adenomyosis is estrogen driven.  I certainly have lots of the other markers for estrogen dominance.  I won't get into all the stuff about it, but suffice it to say if you have monthly BLOATING and BREAST TENDERNESS, fibroids, endometriosis, PCOS or other 'female' issues, it might be something you would be interested in.  My elevated sugars are also an indicator.  I'll get into that later.

I've dropped the Premium Alfalfa from T-Tapp just to be safe, though Teresa says it isn't a phytoestrogen.  Once I get my issues resolved, I will prolly go back to taking the minimum dosage.  In the meantime, here's the vitamin/mineral supp's I'll be taking everyday:

In addition to these, I am switching to:
There is a list of phytoestrogens I need to stay away from as well, namely coffee and teas (except for decaf green tea), ground flax seed and anything soy.  There are herbs that also act like estrogens, and they are too numerous to list, but the biggies that I remember are oregano, thyme, peppermint.  Again, if you want more detailed information on all this, please read all the info and watch the videos at Women's Theraputic Institute.  


 After a couple months detoxing, I'll add Progestelle, which is a progesterone cream made with ONLY coconut oil and bioidentical progesterone from yams.  The toxic stuff needs to be out of my system before adding it to my daily regimine.  Dr. Eckhart also hopes to have me off my depression meds (Prozac and Wellbutrin) eventually too as they are both estrogenic.

Lastly, because my sugars were still elevated at my appointment with the gyno, I was referred to a diabetes doctor, who I saw yesterday.  Thankfully, I have no side effects from diabetes.  AND I lost another 9 pounds!  Anyway, he's having me check blood sugar levels at home with my new handy-dandy lancet thingamabob 4 times a day for 2 weeks, then based on those readings, he'll decide if I need meds.  Definitely not insulin.  He'd like me to lose another 20 pounds, though I'm shooting for more *wink*  He's happy to see me exercising and eating healthfully.  I hope to reverse this condition by dealing with the estrogen dominance as well.  It can cause metabolic issues regarding thryoid sensitivity....so hopefully I'll kill lots of birds with the three stones of intuitive healthful eating, T-Tapp exercise, and detoxing my environment/supplimenting vit/min/progesterone....and staying true to my Type 1 self!



Doing things the natural way is more expensive (well, since I won't be buying chemical toiletries and cleaners anymore I guess the savings evens it out), and takes longer...but I want to do this the right way.  Slow and steady.  I don't want to just treat symptoms and continue to deal with the fallout of chemical toxicity.  I want to be well without going crazy.  Thank goodness for Geneen Roth Carol Tuttle and Teresa Tapp (and one other lady I've yet to introduce to you, but will soon)!  These women will help keep me balanced as I continue to live in the present tense, loving myself as I am NOW, while I reach beyond the status quo.


Whew!  That was a lot.  I didn't even get into all the emotional ups and downs I've dealt with.  I have considered how my T1 self should deal with all this. Mostly, it seems the changes will simplify things for me, and I do appreciate that.  Thankfully, my hubby has been my hero.  I have some more 'changes' to report on that front too, but that'll have to wait for another day.  I will say, if you're squeamish about sex, I'd just skip that post when it goes up :)  


4 comments:

  1. OH CINDY! I Can't Believe How Wonderful You Look!!! Not that you weren't beautiful before but OMGoodness- I am SOOOO proud of you! You have come a long way baby! I am also proud of you for taking the steps you need to take to get your body in balance without doing anything radical until you see how your body responds to natural remedies. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your journey! Okay bye now!;>) Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy-somethng drew me back to your blog and I have to say I wondered what it was. Then I saw the little promo for Geneen Roth and followed her link to read what she had to say. I have never heard of her before but she "gets it". Is she part of your "journey"? I am very curious to learn more~ Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Cindy, I hope all that stuff helps you! I much prefer a natural remedy over other options most of the time!

    I just got off a birth control method that had an extra hormone in it ~ my theory is that is what was causing my body to not want to lose weight ~ it was tricking my body to think I was pregnant {hence no periods either, which was nice, but it's not natural you know?}. Anyway! That was just a month or two ago that I got rid of that, but I wonder if I should look at some of these other estrogen mimickers too! I think my body is still trying to just get back to normal! Ugh ~ so frustrating!

    Thanks for all the links in your post though! You are one awesome lady!

    ReplyDelete

I'm all ears! Er, eyes.