Friday, November 12, 2010

Desparately Seeking

Sanity.  
Although I'm looking for long term change,  I know that I'm motivated by quick off-the-gun results to kinda thrust me into the nitty-gritty.  So, my plan is to keep short term expectations high, and continue to define long-term success in other terms than just weight loss.

Couple things I'm reminding myself:  I tend to go into overload on info at the get-go....this has a demoralizing effect, and motivates me to go back to bed and pull the covers over my head.  I'm thinking this isn't a good way to start.  Did you know that every diet/lifestyle plan ever conceived contradicts every other one?  And they have studies to prove it.  And I don't flippin' have the time to read every blankety-blank study.....I just want to feel better.  

There is no such thing as absolute truth, so the best I can do is pick a religion that works for this season of my life.  (Thanks to hubby for this analogy.)  There's no perfect plan that will fit forever.  Over-saturation in the literature and nuances doesn't serve my interests in wellness best right now, so I'll jump in with a bit of trust, and tweak as necessary.....constantly reminding myself that the goal is not being thin, but being balanced and full of energy for living a full life.  I might arrive there at a size 16.....
Today I am grateful for a warm house and a loving husband.  Not necessarily in that order *wink*

I like that I'm learning to let go of doing things perfect from the get-go...that I'm actually fairly content in the flux.  
Quote:
Perfection is the voice of the oppressor. (Anne Lamott)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm all ears! Er, eyes.